🚨‼Exciting News for our residents, we are adding a TEXT ONLY phone number. This is for residents to text Monday-Friday, 9-5, ask questions, have us meet you up at the office for payment etc., express concerns, to overall make our schedule a little more workable for you.The number is (734)393-2765. Please include your name with the text so I know who I am assisting‼🚨 You may still call the office, we are just trying to get everyone faster, more reliable response times. Thank you for your continued support.

DETROIT BEACH ASSOCIATION, INC.

Meeting Minutes

October 27, 2021

 

Call to Order @ 7:00 pm

Roll Call of Trustees : All Present

 

President- Nicole Fitzgerald            Secretary- Nancy Mouradjian

V.P- Nicholas Campbell            Trustee- Fred. Boogren

Treasurer- Frank Kren                Trustee- Victoria Wilcox

 

Previous Meeting Minutes- Approved

Frank motioned, Victoria seconded

 

Presidents Report

We are all set for Halloween. Time for trick or treating is 6-8 according to Frenchtown. There will be coffee, cider, hot cocoa, 10 dozen donuts, candy, and caprisuns in the pavilion. Remainder of Halloween decorations will be put up on Sunday October 31, 2021 because it will be raining Saturday the 29th. 

 

One of the Skeletons was inadvertently taken away via yard waste truck.

 

Security cameras are almost completely installed

 

We, the board,are working diligently to get to know our rolls  better in order to serve. our residents more efficiently. This includes reaching out to the community for help, combining our resources to produce a greater outcome.

 

Committee Reports 

 

Financial Report (Frank)

We continue to create a budget. Frank created a mock budget because there was never a budget. So until more numbers come in for things like office, maintenance, replacement, bill etc. the budget will be a work in progress. 

 

As of October 27th, we came in under our Halloween allotted budget. 9 gallons of cider, 10 dozen donuts, 13 large bags of candy, 6 cases of caprisuns, 108 hot beverage cups, 100 cold beverage cups, 2 cambros (Tim Hortons) hot cocoa, 2 cambros (Tim Hortons) coffee,and 250 glow necklaces.

 

 Frank is  creating a finance committee. One asset of this committee is the accounting firm the association utilizes annually. Frank would like to add one or two more members to the committee. Individuals interested can call, email, or FaceBook Message.

 

Building, Maintenance and Grounds (Nick)

Nick continues to work on creating a Building, Maintenance and grounds committee, but this takes volunteers. If individuals are interested they should email or FB message. Currently we have Tony Spear and Victoria Wilcox. Nick continues to look for a truck for the grounds committee to replace the old truck. Nick is also Wanting Volunteers to help with cleaning the parks on Sundays and/or Mondays. Individuals interested can call, email, or FaceBook Message.

 

Tony Spear has been helping in the parks. He began repairing park benches and completed one thus far in Bear Park. He put small piles of wood chips that were sitting in a larger pile, by the swings at Bear Park,  near each tree in the park. They were then spread by Nicole Fitzgerald. Tony Spear Installed a french drain in Bronson Park to ease the flooding around the play equipment. The only thing purchased for that project by the association was the stone. Tony Spear donated his time and all of the other supplies needed to install the french drain.

 

Law and Order Committee

Blight was sent out earlier this month. Some older teens tried to steal a stop sign on Fairview and were caught. The sign was returned and reinstalled by officers, later to actually to be stolen again. 

 

2059 house was reported to the office as being left wide open. Nicole sent Nick to check it out,  he contacted officers, state police came, did a sweep of the home and declared it to have been vacant for approximately a couple weeks. Nick screwed the doors shut as an attempt to protect the home as well as deter curious kids. The officer stated that the house should be secured because there are safety issues with the home.

 

The office received a complaint that kids were knocking on doors and running away. All we can suggest is, if this becomes an ongoing issue email tellthesheriff@monroemi.org.

 

There have been many stinky fires within the neighborhood that are actually causing residents to get ill. We just want to remind individuals that we want to burn stuff but to try to be respectful about it. 

 

Nicole had a meeting with Sheriff Goodnough. There will be more police presence. If there are problems that the residents see, with as much description, the sheriff invites the residents to email tellthesheriff@monroemi.org. They are pretty fast about physically responding and then will usually send you an update email. The sheriff also said that this email is located on their website. 

 

Nicole is trying to set up a law and order committee.  Individuals interested can call, email, or FaceBook Message.

 

Ongoing Business

Sunday morning, October 31st, at 12 Halloween decorations will be getting finished up. 

The playscape in bear park estimate came in. A motion was made and seconded and a vote in favor was made. 

 

New Business

The association was sent a letter from an attorney,  representing one of our residents that purchased land along Harborview. The resident wants to get the property plotted as a piece of the association. The Residents that neighbor that direct area came to the meeting offered valuable feedback and concerns in regards to the situation. This situation will be updated as it progresses. 

 

The pump house near the boat club was running through the night. There were calls made. Found out that there is a short in the line that runs from Dixie to the pump house. DTE is assessing the problem. 

 

The lighthouses are not working. Nick checked the light bulbs and figured it may be a tripped switch or something. Tony Spear volunteered to take meters out to the lighthouses tomorrow and assess the situation.

 

Christmas tree lighting for the neighborhood was discussed to determine a date and time. The board decided upon December 4th and the time will be 7pm. 

 

Public Participation

There were concerns expressed as to how many of the school bus drivers drive on residents property around corners as well as the amount of stops. Nicole will call the bus garage about the drivers driving on the grass. Via Facebook messenger and threads, residents have expressed their concern about loose dogs. Nicole will make posts on all forms of social media and web sites that dogs must be on a leash,fenced in yard, or invisible fence. This will protect everyone as well as their animals.

 

Adjournment

Motion made by Frank and seconded by Nick. All in favor. Meeting concluded at 7:50pm

 

Our community will abide by the trick or treat times set by Frenchtown,  6:30 – 8pm. Don’t forget to bring the kids by the Pavillion for their goodies and adults, don’t forget to have a donut and have some cider, coffee, or hot cocoa.  We are very excited to share Halloween with you. Happy Halloween and happy haunting